Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hula Bowl dies quietly

A date was secured at the stadium for a 2009 game, but the folks there haven't heard anything from owner Nick Logan in weeks.

"We don't have a contract," said Lois Manin, the facility's deputy manager.

No news of coaches or players being picked for the game on the wire or the Internet.

The game's Web site has nada about a 2009 event. Call the 800 number, and you get a full mailbox. Send an e-mail, it bounces back, "because the domain hulabowl.net does not exist."

Call Logan, his number is no good. But I reached his brother, Bruce, who helped him stage last year's game.

"I don't know. It's my brother's game. I don't have a number for him, either," Bruce said. "I would assume if there were a game he would let me know."

Or let somebody, anybody know.

No comments: